Challenging internship vacancy at the heart of the global sharing & platform economy
Start: August/September 2018
Are you interested in the latest developments in the sharing & platform economy? Are you curious how city governments all over the world are dealing with this new phenomenon? Apply for this internship now and become our next Sharing Cities Expert!
About the Sharing Cities Alliance
The Sharing Cities Alliance is an independent foundation that connects cities from all continents, and fosters city-to-city learning, empowering city governments to continuously address the sharing economy. We do this by co-organizing a yearly summit, organizing quarterly online seminars and one-on-one meetings with city officials from participating cities. Right now, New York City, Toronto, Washington D.C., Dallas, Copenhagen, Gothenburg, Amsterdam, The Hague, Seoul and Singapore have joined officially and multiple other cities are in the process of joining (including Vancouver, Madrid, Barcelona, Johannesburg, Tel Aviv, Tapei, Tokyo, Adelaide and Quito). Knowledge-wise we have created the 'Alliance Lexicon', which is a constantly evolving database with case studies, research and policies for and by the cities. In a monthly magazine we update all cities on the latest developments.
You will be part of a small passionate team who are constantly interacting with city officials all over the world to empower, connect and keep them up to speed with the latest in the sharing & platform economy. Our office is located in the centre of Amsterdam. We share our office with shareNL and the building with other start-ups. So you will work in a dynamic and inspiring start-up environment.
- Monitor and track global policy and market developments in the field of the sharing & platform economy;
- Write about the latest developments in our monthly magazine and our online knowledge database;
- Communications through social media (Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn);
- Support with preparing calls, meetings and online seminars with city leaders from all over the world.
- Know about and have an affinity with the sharing & platform economy;
- Have an excellent level of English (speaking and writing);
- Can write both, professional and enthusiastic texts;
- Have some experience in working with social media;
- Interested in new technologies and the subsequent urban/societal challenges and opportunities;
Are you curious about this internship? Do you want to know more about the Sharing Cities Alliance, and meet us? Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we’d love to invite you for a Skype call or a cup of coffee or tea at our office! Make sure to take a look at our other vacancy as well: