Creative (digital) communications internship at the heart of the global sharing & platform economy
Please contact us to discuss the duration and the start of internship period
Are you someone with an eye for design, a passion for shooting and editing videos and driven to make the world a better place? We offer a challenging internship for you! We are looking for a creative, proactive and enthusiastic intern to join our team. Ideally, you are solution oriented, flexible and have the ability to change course quickly, think big and start small, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
About the Sharing Cities Alliance
The Sharing Cities Alliance is an independent foundation that connects cities from all continents, and fosters city-to-city learning, empowering city governments to continuously address the sharing economy. We do this by co-organizing a yearly summit, organizing quarterly online seminars and one-on-one meetings with city officials from participating cities. Right now, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Copenhagen, Dallas, Ghent, Gothenburg, Malmö, New York City, Norwich, Seoul, Singapore, Tel Aviv, The Hague, Toronto and Washington have joined officially and multiple other cities are in the process of joining (including Vancouver, Madrid, Johannesburg, Tel Aviv, Tapei, Tokyo, Adelaide and Quito). Knowledge-wise we have created the 'Alliance Lexicon', which is a constantly evolving database with case studies, research and policies for and by the cities. In a monthly magazine we update all cities on the latest developments.
You will be part of a small passionate team who are constantly interacting with city officials all over the world to empower, connect and keep them up to speed with the latest in the sharing & platform economy. Our office is located in the centre of Amsterdam. We share our office with shareNL and the building with other start-ups. So you will work in a dynamic and inspiring start-up environment.
- Create and edit compelling video content to showcase the story of The Sharing Cities Alliance
- Create aesthetically pleasing designs, newsletters, digital promotional material, depending on your skills (preferably you're good with Photoshop/InDesign/ Premiere Pro, or similar software)
- Social media, including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Web design and content
- Set-up special marketing initiatives and produce social media videos.
- Affinity with design
- Like to write
- Have an eye for tasteful design, and good at creating inspiring content
- Interested in the sharing & platform economy
- Have an excellent level of English (speaking and writing).
Are you curious about this internship? Do you want to know more about the Sharing Cities Alliance, and meet us? Send an email to: email@example.com and we’d love to invite you for a Skype call or a cup of coffee or tea at our office! Make sure to take a look at our other vacancy as well: